Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BBQ Pork / Pulled Pork (My Style)

This is definitely a dinner I will prepare again!
My son, who is 14, and the pickiest eater I have ever raised, really enjoyed it. In fact when I pulled the last 1/2 of sandwich out of the fridge, he immediately claimed it as his and took a bite of the sandwich cold!

So, here is the recipe (next time I will post pictures)
A crock pot (cook 8 hours on low)

3-4 pound PORK ROAST
1 can PEACHES, sliced or 1/2, or whole (you choose, I chose sliced) I used the med. sized can, but you can choose what size you want also, depending on your taste!
1/3 cup HONEY
1 cup BROWN SUGAR (packed)
1/2 Bottle of Bulls Eye BBQ SAUCE, about 10 oz, a bit more then a 1/2 of a bottle (or your favorite BBQ Sauce ;)
PEPPER

Rub Pork Roast all over with Pepper ( do a dry rub of pepper. Pepper to your taste.
Add can of Peaches
Drizzle Honey over Pork Roast (fat side up)
Pack Brown Sugar on Pork Roast
Add BBQ Sauce

Cook in a Crock Pot for 8 hours on low.
You can either remove the Peaches, or leave them in (I left them in).
You can add more BBQ Sauce at the end of cooking, if you'd like, I did!
Serve in any kind of Bread Roll you'd like!
I also made Coleslaw (with a bag of Coleslaw mix and Marie's Coleslaw Dressing), and French Fries!
If you make this, let me know. I would be happy to hear any comments, or suggestions :)

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Contributors